The benefits of Play Therapy are:
- Play Therapy helps children to communicate experiences that they may have had that they are unable to vocalise.
- Play Therapy encourages imagination and creativity.
- Play Therapy increases confidence and concentration abilities.
- Play Therapy helps children's communication skills, allowing them to make friends easier.
- Play Therapy helps children to learn about their environment.
- Play Therapy allows children to learn from their mistakes in a safe and controlled enviornment.
- Play can be used to establish and build relationships
- Play Therapy can be used when 'talking therapy' doesn't work