Supervision is about having a safe space to creatively challenge, explore, acknowledge and support supervisees which will enhance professional development and confidence. Supervision should be fun, useful and empowering to increase insight, self-reflection and to find solutions.
I am a Creative Clinical Supervisor and supervise trainees and qualified professionals.
Why is Supervision Important?
Supervision has many functions:
- Formative: information giving
- Normative: help practitioners to update and improve skills
- Restorative: confidence building
- Reflective space
- Relates theory to practice
- Maintain ethics and standards of practice